I’ve curated a few great articles on the elements of writing an effective nonfiction book proposal to be sent to agents and/or publishers. If you know of any nonfiction authors in your circles, then they would be great resources too. In the interim, read these articles and take notes.
- THE 8 ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF A NONFICTION BOOK PROPOSAL BRIAN KLEMS
- WRITING A NONFICTION BOOK PROPOSAL: SAMPLE CHAPTERS COURTNEY CARPENTER
- AGENT CRICKET FREEMAN ON: NONFICTION CREDENTIALS IN A BOOK PROPOSAL
- NONFICTION SUBMISSION TIPS: WHY YOU SHOULD INCLUDE BOOK COMPARISONS
- 6 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN GATHERING TESTIMONIALS/BOOK BLURBS
If you plan to take your nonfiction manuscript to a publishing house, then you will most likely need an agent. Agents require proposals. The tips in the above articles should help you get your foot in the door. Best to you!