It’s really easy to read only American authors, especially our favorites. What if I challenge you to read some women authors who represent the rest of the African diaspora?
- So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba
- Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga
- Changes: A Love Story by Ama Ati Aidoo
- Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Danticat
- Prospero’s Daughter by Elizabeth Nunez
- The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave
- Til the Well Runs Dry by Lauren Francis-Sharma
- Annie John by Jamaica Kincaid
If you decide to read any of these books, please tell us about them in the comment section. If you’ve read any one of them, I would love to know your thoughts.