Some of us are guilty of using photographs and images too large or too small in our social media profiles. Below is a quick guide to the sizes required to make your profiles pop.
- Twitter cover photo: 1500 pixels (wide) x 500 pixels (height)
- Twitter profile photo: 400 pixels x 400 pixels
- In-stream photos: 440 pixels x 220 pixels
- Twitter background photo: 1280 pixels x 1024 pixels
- Facebook cover photo: 851 pixels x 315 pixels
- Profile photo: 180 pixels x 180 pixels
- Shared image: 1200 pixels x 900 pixels
- Profile photo: 110 pixels x 110 pixels
- Photo thumbnails: 161 pixels x 161 pixels
- Photos: 640 pixels x 640 pixels
- Profile image: 165 pixels x 165 pixels
- Board display image: 222 pixels x 150 pixels
- Pin size: 236 pixels in width (choose your own size)
Here is a last tidbit: It is much easier to reduce the size of an image than increase the size. Photos look pixelated and distorted when you try to take a smaller image up. Use high resolution images as often as possible. High resolution or hi-res would be 1200 pixels and higher.
Hope this helps you.