October is National Cookbook Month, and if that doesn’t evoke the warm and fuzziest thoughts, I don’t know what will. Not everyone has a favorite cookbook, but we all have a treasured family recipe. Did you know there are ways to use those recipes or someone else’s to punch up your storytelling?
- Insert recipes between chapters.
- Insert a section of recipes at the end of the book.
- Mention a favorite cookbook in your writing.
Another great option is to self-publish your own cookbook. You don’t need to be a chef. Here are some resources:
- How to Write a Recipe Like a Professional – The Kitchn
- How to Photograph Food – BBC Good Food
- Tips to Sell a Best-selling Cookbook
And if you’re up to it, then publish your own blog featuring your home cooking and recipes.
Do you have a favorite cookbook? If so, share it in the comment section below.