If you’re a regular Facebook user, by now you’ve noticed the number of notifications you receive daily from Facebook friends and pages using Facebook Live. Facebook Live is the live-streaming feature that enables users of profiles and pages to live-stream everything from programming, group discussions, or their own talking head conversations. It’s becoming a very popular tool for marketing. Below you will find a curated list of links that will explain Facebook Live and a curated list of tips to using Facebook Live.
WHAT IS FACEBOOK LIVE – Let Facebook tell you.
HOW DO I SHARE A LIVE VIDEO ON FACEBOOK – The basics.
- Promote your live broadcast in advance. You can use something as simple as a Facebook update to your profile or page; a Twitter tweet; and a meme or image on Instagram.
- You’ll be asked to write a description before going live, use it and use attention-grabbing language to adequately tell why you’re broadcasting live.
- Talk to your commenters and use their names. Answer their questions and acknowledge their presence.
- Try, if possible, to set up regular Facebook Live chats with your followers. Give them a theme and time to anticipate your broadcast. For example, T-Mobile USA CEO John Legere broadcasts live on Sundays offering his opinion with a recipe.
- Link your Facebook Live settings to your Twitter and Instagram accounts for promotion.
This is new-ish but becoming quite popular. Have fun with it. And if you’re not using it, but you’re receiving tons of notifications you can change your notification settings to see less or none at all.
Are you using Facebook Live? If so, let us know why and when in the comment section. Thank you.