The writing life does not always pay for the writer focusing on their own work. Waiting for work to be published for profit can be a freelance writer’s frustration. Enter side-hustling or extra work. Here are 7 interesting yet potentially lucrative ways a freelance writer and an author can make money between payoffs.
- Writing and refreshing bios for other authors and writers. Be their fresh perspective on their work and accomplishments.
- Writing and refreshing LinkedIn summaries and profiles.
- Writing and refreshing stale website copy.
- Writing blog posts for busy blog owners who need the content.
- Editing blog and other short content.
- Proofreading for copy editors and self-published authors.
- Critique manuscripts for other writers and authors.
Secure and stable income is important to freelance workers, and these 7 ideas can keep a steady stream of income coming in while you wait.