Perhaps the question is: Does anyone use Classmates.com at all? Admittedly, beyond connecting with classmates from grade school to college or even look through old yearbooks, Classmates tends to be an under-used social network. Here are a few ways you can use it?
- Invite classmates to your events – book launches, readings and signings – by posting a graphic and announcement.
- Invite classmates to your social media events on Facebook and Twitter by posting a graphic and announcement.
- Post news about your book or project. Your classmates will receive notification via e-mail.
- Post photos of your book cover(s) in your photo album section with links to purchase sites.
- Invite some of your classmates to become beta readers or reviewers.
There are many free features on Classmates.com and there are features available for those who pay the subscription costs. Subscriptions can be paid monthly for those sporadic occasions you wish to post and market your work.
This is a great way to keep up with your friends and classmates but also apprise them of your activities and growth. It doesn’t have to be braggy or pretentious.
Do you use Classmates.com for marketing? If so, let us know in the comments.