It is almost the end of the year. This is a good time to organize the marketing and publicity sides of your writing without a lot of pressure to get it done before December 31. You can put these on your calendar and cross them off one-by-one before January 1.
- Take new headshots and portraits for social media, author publicity and book covers.
- Update biographies and book summaries.
- Create new social media cover images that are modern and more polished.
- Re-write and refresh website copy and information.
- Take the time to schedule posts and memes about your products on social media accounts.
- Prepare holiday communication to followers and subscribers on blogs and to newsletters.
- Send notes to local media to let them know you exist and are available for interviews and features.
- Send notes to media writers and editors who have featured you in the past year.
- Query online book marketers for costs of promotions.
- Schedule a book signing or reading at your local bookstores and libraries. Promote those appearances online.
- Make a list of people you want to thank for helping you throughout the year.
- Let followers know if you’re working on something new. Begin preparing them now for a new work and release date.
- Have a brainstorming party with other writers and authors, where you share how to promote work.
These things take forever if you try to tackle them all in a short space of time, but if you schedule in a day for each, you will have them all completed by January 1. What suggestions do you have that we can add to this list?