The stories features on Facebook and Instagram – phone app and desktop versions – can be wonderful ways to keep engagement ongoing with both audiences. If you’re unfamiliar with stories, then go to your page’s profile photo, where you will see a “+” button. Tap on that feature and you can begin adding content (photos, memes, and video) directed to your audience. Instagram enables you to “highlight” a story that will appear featured on your profile.
If you are an author or businessperson, then stories can be a great marketing tool to share new books, written work, or even a product. Both have reach within your engagement circles and on the apps as a whole.
Here are a few ways to use stories:
- Recycle old content (images, memes, and video) to share with your followers
- Market and advertise events (once per 24-hour cycle)
- Market and advertise promotions
- Send well-wishes to individual followers or simply celebrate holidays
- For use as a supplement to regular content – tell people to view your stories for more information or in a contest to reveal the winner
If you are a Canva.com user, then you will find stories templates you can use without having to figure out the dimensions. Facebook custom dimensions for stories is 1,080 x 1,920 pixels, and the same can be used Instagram. Make sure the text is centered for good viewing.
How do you use stories? Tell us in the comments.