Book and product marketing is not hard but it is time-consuming. It also can cost money, so here are 7 ideas you can implement with little to no money or in little time.
- Create graphics that promote your own book(s) and schedule them throughout the summer.
- Add your personal summer reading list on your website blog. Share it on social media and even tag authors.
- Create a playlist – Music to Read By on the Beach (or something like that) – and share it across social networks always providing a link to your own books.
- Start promoting a work in progress or an upcoming product promotion. Provide teasers.
- Create local events in the library like meetups or go invite local fans and friends to meet you for coffee – pay for a pot or two and just have fun chatting and taking photos for social media.
- Query a local newspaper or online publication to write a post or two about book writing or giving business tips. Use your boilerplate bio (the mini bio at the end) to link your site.
- Use your Facebook Business Page’s Watch feature to upload videos or host watch parties on Facebook, invite followers, and discuss. You can pre-schedule them and take the time to watch and discuss with them.
Sometimes the simple things do the absolute most to keep the marketing wheel turning. You’ve got this!