In a blink of an eye, it will be December 31, and that is scary. No pressures to accomplish anything before 2020, is there? Well, you can use this month to do a few things that are invigorating, inspiring, and preparation to finish the year well.
- Budget to take new professional headshots and portraits for your website.
- Purge your closets and drawers of fall and winter clothing that are in excellent condition but too small or too big. Parse some out to shelters, missions, thrift stores, and even family and friends. Make space for anything you might need to buy new.
- Plan a fall get-together or event.
- Check the fall schedules of local arts organizations, and plan an outing or two to the theatre or opera or symphony.
- Create a library or public event that allows you to showcase a talent or skill with others.
- Figure out which causes you will support either with your money or as a volunteer before the end of the year.
- Schedule at least one day per month to doing nothing at all. No household chores. No running around. Nothing.
Last but not least, dream. Use this month to dream big. Create a secret Pinterest board and post an online visual reminder of those dreams.
Refresh. August is a great time to refresh.