Get ready for the holiday season when you automate your activity on social media. These five hacks will not only help you keep your audience engaged but also engage them in a way to show you care.
- Taste of Home has wonderful short recipes for desserts and cookies, punches, and dips you can put on a social media meme or graphic with a holiday spin. In an accompanying post, ask them to share their favorites in a comment. Be sure to credit your source for the recipe.
- Create music playlists on Spotify or YouTube to share. Do one a week for a month.
- WikiHow has this marvelous list of ways to help during the holiday. Choose a few and post them on graphics.
- Pick a day and host a virtual holiday party. Play music all day, post holiday-themed quotes on graphics, ask your audience to share their holiday wishes, and take the time to thank them for following you. Be creative and have fun.
- Change your social media covers on Facebook and Twitter to reflect the holiday season. Add some snowflakes and holly to your regular graphics. It’s like decorating your home.
It takes a few hours to create these things and schedule them. Show up when you can to “talk” to your following and lift their spirits in the process. You never know who could use the cheer.