If you have a Facebook business page, then recent changes could actually work to your advantage as you market your brand.
- They’ve done away with the gray verification badge and the awkward verification process. Blue badges for well-known names and brands remain the same, but those gray badges are gone.
- You can no longer schedule individual posts from Pages, but you can schedule using Creator Studio, Business Manage, or Publishing Tools. You can also still use Hootsuite or other third-party tools.
- Slowly they’ve rolling out a new design and a new logo. The logo is animated on mobile. Study the new design closely to find your favorite tools and features more readily.
- Secret Facebook groups are now called Closed groups. If you have a group attached to your business page, take note.
- Facebook is testing new photo layouts for multi-image posts, which is great for photos of varying sizes.
- The algorithm is changing, but while it is being tested, it could work to your advantage in that more people will be able to find you. Let’s hope that remains.
- Check your Messenger and Pages connections for new features like appointment booking.
- And if you have your business Instagram account linked to your Facebook page, you can post a story on Instagram and it can be shared as a Facebook story.
These are good changes so far. If you know of others, share in a comment, please.