As we approach the half-year mark, maybe we can consider doing some things on our goal lists, wish lists, and the list of things we tend to put off. Here is a sampling of some activities you can accomplish in a short space of time, and even add them to what you have accomplished in 2020 so far.
- Send a query letter to a blogger you admire and ask if you can be a guest contributor. Get that byline and article to share with family and friends.
- Liven up your home office by painting an accent wall and moving furniture around or maybe buying one thing that will inspire you as you work.
- Find a photographer to take a social distanced headshot and portrait of you that you can flaunt on social media and use to update your website.
- Build a website and get a domain in your name.
- Write a fan letter to a notable you admire.
- Interview family members for a family history.
- Extend an invitation to Zoom or video-conference with someone you know via social media.
- Bake cookies, pies or cakes to leave at a neighbor’s doorstep. Food is an icebreaker.
- Take an online course. There are many that are free and some that give credits towards a certificate. Continuing education is always a good thing.
You are in no rush to accomplish a thing but now and again the creative juices flow, and we have to follow. Whatever it is you choose to do, do for you. Enjoy.