We know you already know it’s not summer until you do what you generally do in the summertime. But what if you get busy and mired by a few life events? Here are some reminders that it’s not summertime until you have a little fun.
- Dangle your bare feet in a pool or pond and even walk around barefoot in clean grass.
- Sip iced tea and watch the sun go down from your porch or patio.
- Get up early enough to listen to the birds sing and watch the sun go up.
- Buy or cut fresh flowers to be arranged in a vase for your home and eyesight.
- Open all of your windows (and doors) to let a summer breeze flow through your space.
- Take a ride in the country to buy some fresh produce and take in the scenery.
- Buy a big floppy straw hat to wear out in your garden or to shop and protect your skin from the sun.
- Catch a firefly.
- Bake a cobbler from scratch using an old family recipe.
- Wave at your neighbors, because they would probably like it.
- Make a summer playlist to stream from sunup to sundown.
Sometimes the best things in life are free and easy. Here’s hoping you have a wonderful summer filled with things that make you smile.